About The TAPDANCE TEACHER COACHING PROGRAM
Shawn Byfield has invested nearly 25 years teaching tap dance, using the most effective tips, tap dance exercises and teaching methods for students nationwide. His Tapdance Teacher Coaching Program is the culmination of all that he has learned and assimilated in that process.
It is designed to empower you with new ideas, fresh choreography, and teaching strategies you’ll need to make a significant impact on the quality of your classes. You will learn how to give your students an unfair advantage on and off the stage- and how to take your classroom teaching skills to the next level.
About SHAWN BYFIELD
Shawn Byfield is an Award-Winning Choreographer and Dance Expert, Certified Public Speaker, Seasoned Adjudicator, and Respected Tap Dance Authority Nationwide.
As a GEMINI AWARD™ nominated performer and a sought-after dance choreographer, coach and entrepreneur, Shawn Byfield’s unique perspective is enjoyed by thousands who dance, train and mentor with him every year.
Whether talking about dance classes, choreography, motivation or marketing, Shawn’s message is fun and energetic: two things that are lacking in today’s world. For over 20 years dance teachers, adjudicators, choreographers, competition directors and studio owners have been positively impacted by his coaching methods and actionable lessons.
Students attending his tap dance classes, seminars and workshops leave with a better understanding of how to excel at their mental game, improve their technical teaching skills- all while fuelling their passion for dance.
Over two mornings and afternoons, Tapdance Teacher 2017 will help you transform and inspire your tap students with fun tap steps, new ideas, cool templates and arm you with world-class teaching strategies you can use right away.
On DAY ONE You’ll Learn:
- 5 Useful Tap Exercises For Warmup
- 28 Inventive Ways To Do Time Steps
- A Simple Method That Helps Students Learn Twice As Much Choreography In Half The Time
- How To Teach Your Students One Minute Of Choreography In 45 Minutes (Or Less)
- A Fool-Proof Template To Improve Learning In The Classroom
- The “Netflix and Chill” Guide To Cleaner Choreography
On DAY TWO You’ll Learn:
- The Myth Of Yelling In Tap Class
- 5 Warning Signs Your Students (And Perhaps YOU) Are Burning Out
- The Best Kind Of Pickups/Pullbacks Rarely Seen On Stage (That Judges LOVE)
- 7 Essential Tips For Improving Millennials’ Short Attention Spans In Dance Class
- How To Solve Your Tired Voice Problems With These 3 Hacks
- The Secret Of Being An In Demand Tap-dance Coach
- What Everybody Ought To Know About Controlling Juniors (And Other Peanuts)
- STUDIO OWNERS: The Best Days To Send Emails- And The WORST Times To Reply To Them
What People Are Saying
“IF YOU LOVE TO DANCE, HERE IS YOUR TEACHER!”
“I have taught alongside Shawn at many workshops and conventions and I must say, he always finishes with having every student in the palm of his hand. He teaches with an unequalled enthusiasm for his craft and his generosity is well received by all. If you love to dance, here is your teacher!” – Linda Garneau
“you have always provided me with enough confidence”
“I am extremely grateful to have been giving the opportunity to be a part of your tap classes. I know i’m not a great dancer but you have always provided me with enough confidence and encouragement to keep me moving… Your energetic, fun and exciting personality is what makes you such an amazing teacher and individual. You have helped me develop a greater love for tap dancing and I thank you for it. ” – Katie O
“a fun and exciting experience”
“Overall the course was a fun and exciting experience where I got to do what I love (tap) with a great choreographer leading the way with hot music and fast feet. Thanks for it Shawn! ” – Kelly L
“WHAT I STRIVE TO BE LIKE AS A TEACHER”
“I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved class last Saturday. I have taken many great classes in T.O. but your energy really made the difference. I like your attitude and the way you conduct class, reminds me a little of me and what I strive to be like as a teacher to my little ones.” – Lisa D
Tapdance Teacher Coaching Program 2017 will take place at BYFIELD DANCE EXPERIENCE. 819 Yonge Street, downtown Toronto.
Here’s What You’ll Need To Bring
- A positive, open-minded attitude, a willingness to be coachable, and a smile!
- The two days are in a casual setting in Shawn’s dance studio. Wear comfortable dance clothes , bring layers, and your tap shoes for the learning components of each day.
- You will be sweating lots. Keep strong perfume to a minimum, and bring deodorant/body spray.
- A pen and notepad, you will be taking lots of hand-written notes.
- Bring peanut-free snacks to keep your energy up. We will not have an extended lunch break, but periodic breaks will be given throughout the day.
- There will be a fancy dinner night after class at a higher end restaurant, where we will have fun social tap dance chats. Feel free to bring your chic and stylish wardrobe!
Limited Space Available
This Tapdance Teacher Coaching Program takes place in a non-competitive, fun and positive environment with like-minded teachers willing to learn, share and rise to new challenges. You will make new friends, exchange stories.
This event will have at least 12 hours of learning. Normally, teachers, schools and organizations pay Shawn $400 hourly for group instruction and workshops, for a minimum of two hours. And he’s worth every dime! An event like this could easily run you $4800 and up…
…But for this entire two day event, you won’t pay that. Not even half of that, which is still an incredible value. Today, you can guarantee your spot at this event for only $700 by pressing the button below.
If you don’t plan to attend this event now, you’ll hate yourself later!
RISK-FREE Money Back Guarantee
RSVP NOW! Purchase Your Attendance Below
Early-Bird Rate Expires November 15 – Only 24 Spots Available
Don’t want to pay full price today?
Reserve your place in 3 easy payments.
PS: Tapdance Teacher Coaching Program 2017 happens December 28-29 in Toronto. Get inspired with new tap dance exercises, choreography and master teacher secrets that will dramatically improve the quality of your classes.
PPS: To keep learning at a maximum, SPACE IS LIMITED to the first 24 teachers only. Once it’s full, it’s full… Don’t miss this!