The past few days have been insanity. From emceeing Toronto International Youth Dance Festival, creating a new business, leading dance workouts, teaching tap dance and hip hop classes, plus choreographing six pieces for dance competition… my plate (and brain) are extremely busy.
For you learners out there, 🎓 here’s five lessons from my intense week:
- DETAILS. Paying a little attention can make a massive difference!
- “I can’t” is not an answer. Just try. “I can’t” is the most self-defeating word in the English language. Just TRY! What if you can? What if what you think is impossible, IS possible? Shouldn’t you at least find out?
- What you focus on expands. What you think about, you bring about.
- Stay hydrated. Make time for water breaks.
- Don’t be so focused on the steps that you forget to actually DANCE.
What else can you add to this list?
– Shawn Byfield