Sheesh! Some People…
Ok. I really shouldn’t have to convince anyone why you should support Toronto Theatre! But I realize more and more that people (not you, just “people”) tend to get lazy or indifferent when it comes to supporting the arts and culture.
Yet, those same people will sit home and watch TV all night. Not realizing that if it weren’t for live theatre, many of those actors, dancers and other artists wouldn’t have the opportunity to BE on television- if they weren’t supported in their local theatre community first.
*cue black gurrl with head bobble*
Would you even know who Gene Kelly was? Read my “Impatient, Entitled, Wanna-Be Choreographers, Actors, etc” post.
So to convince you (I mean, people) that this is important, worthy stuff, here’s my…
Top 5 Awesome Reasons To Support Celebrating Our Men In Dance Showcase Presentation
- Support Black History Month. Because clearly, we still make a tremendous contribution to our city, country and our planet.
- Support Canada’s favourite black male dance choreographers, including Shawn Byfield. Who is more than awesome.
- A perfect chance to have a fun, extremely affordable and inspiring night out with friends or family that doesn’t break your bank account.
- Watch, learn about and appreciate many different styles of dance, from tap dance, to contemporary, to hip hop.
- Stop watching bullshit reality television, when you have more inspiring, positive and REAL messages right here in your own backyard.
- BONUS: Strong, dark, sexy black men. ’nuff said.
Runs Thursday February 6th to Saturday February 8th 2014, at Enwave Theatre, Harbourfront Centre in Toronto
Get Tickets Here
Celebrating Our Men In Dance Showcase Presentation features work from Canada’s finest male choreographers. I’m honoured to be one of the nine featured. I will be TAP DANCING in this show, and I’ve put together an energetic piece that will be different in parts each night!
Visit www.danceImmersion.ca to learn more about their mandate, and why I’m a part of this terrific Toronto dance showcase.