As a treat for Ontario Family Day, Monday, February 21, the NAC English Theatre is offering a free event for families. From 12 noon to 4 p.m., you and your children are invited to a special afternoon of hands-on activities, storytelling, arts & crafts, theatre games and exciting dance workshops with Shawn Byfield, co-creator of i think i can!
Join the fun:
- stories read by wonderful performers
- fast-paced theatre games
- arts & crafts centre including button-making
- paper boat-making
- exploration of your parents’ and grandparents’ childhoods
- special visual and interactive displays including a unique installation of theatre props created by the NAC Props Department
- demonstrations of the NAC’s award-winning ArtsAlive education website (artsalive.ca/en/eth)
- a bake sale with treats and hot chocolate
once-in-a-lifetime dance workshops with special guest, dynamic choreographer Shawn Byfield, co-creator of the upcoming presentation of i think i can (running May 11 – 28 at the NAC). Click to see what the kids might do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98EI4yBa7Zk
- …and much more!
One thought on “Ottawa! FREE Dance Classes on Family Day”