2010 BDX Street Team
Toronto Dance Audition
Do YOU Have The Passion, Skills and Enthusiasm To Become Canada’s Top Street Team? Come Find Out…
AUDITION DATE: FRIDAY JULY 23rd, 2010
AUDITION LOCATION: Byfield Dance Experience (BDX) – 819 Yonge Street, Toronto. Lower Level
AUDITION SIGN IN: 5:30 pm
Dance Audition begins at 6:00 pm
We’re Looking For:
- Energetic Dancers 19 and older – who are physically fit with great stamina
- 7 – 11 dancers for the Street Team
- Outgoing, approachable and confident leaders
- Dancers who demonstrate respect and a genuine interest in others
- Dancers who enjoy interacting with an audience, being on camera and enjoy being social
- Professional, positive, hard working team players who rise to a challenge
* NOTE: Your dance audition happens as soon as you enter the building.
You will fill out a registration form and have your photo taken. Everyone will be taught a challenging dance routine combining hip hop, character work and freestyle. You will then be put into groups to perform the routine. We will contact you by email within 5 days if you make the team.
This is a closed dance audition. Viewers are NOT permitted.
You Will Need:
- To do your hair & makeup as if you are performance ready. No ponytails. No large hoop earrings.
- DO NOT wear “dance” clothes. Wear a funky wardrobe that shows off your personality and you are comfortable dancing in. Take pride in your personal appearance.
- CLEAN INDOOR running shoes only. No boots or stiletto heels.
- Bring a towel and water bottle.
What’s In It For You:
- Street Team members are representatives of Byfield Dance Experience. Therefore we are looking for the best individuals who will uphold and enhance that reputation.
- THIS IS NOT a paid position. This is for performance, promotions and training opportunities only. Occasional paid gigs may occur but are NOT guaranteed.
- Mandatory rehearsals will be twice weekly, 2 hours each. One late week night and Sunday morning. Exact times will be confirmed at audition. You will improve your current skills and learn new ones.
- Street Team will appear at various public promotions, festivals, showcases and other events.
- Street Team will have photo shoots and video footage taken regularly that will be broadcast across the country, and will always have access to photos and footage.
- Team members will not only undergo dance training, but will be given opportunities to assist classes, create choreography, improve public speaking and learn powerful marketing techniques.