How To Not Get Sick- By An Expert At Not Getting Sick
So it’s official: I’m really sick.
Yesterday, I felt like alligator crap. Today, I feel like the feces of decomposing rats.
Being sick sucks. But getting sick on a regular basis sucks even more. And as awful as I feel today, I’m still proud of the fact that I rarely get ill- maybe once or twice a year, tops.
So how do I not get sick?
If you feel like you’re always getting ill, or find it difficult to shake off a cold, you should consider boosting your immune system. The photo above shows some of the remedies I personally take when I feel like this, and what I take BEFORE I feel like doo doo.
I’m not a fan of drugs, as they leave crap in your body. But sometimes you need that extra help. Buckleys and NeoCitran are the only big pharma medicines I take. Everything else is herbal and natural. Nature has some good solutions to help you not get sick like:
- I drink: Echinacea tea and Green Tea almost daily. Find a health food store like Noahs, or look in the supermarket
- I drink: CBoost smoothies regularly to help me not get sick. Find them in any supermarket
- Ricola: These losenges are great for the throat. People always yoddle “Ricccooolaaa” in the commercials after. Any pharmacy will have them.
- Any fruit high in vitamin C: my favourite are tangerines, but don’t rule out regular oranges, kiwifruit, acerola cherries, black currant, grapefruit and more.
- An old Jamaican recipie: In a cup mix lime, honey and white rum. Just enough of each to fill one eighth of a cup, and you drink it with a spoon. Clears your sinuses, heals your throat, and gets you drunk. =D
Ever have a cold that just doesn’t go away? I believe your body has the ability to keep itself healthy, and with a strong immune system your body can fight off intruders in a matter of days, not weeks.
I have to say, DANCING is one of the best ways to strengthen your body and not get sick. There aren’t many other FUN ways to get a physical workout, enhance your body’s immune system, and get blood and oxygen circulating through your body.
Plus, dancing always boosts your emotional well-being too. Your mindset is just as important as your body, so don’t take that for granted!
As I write this, I feel like a dumptruck of warm turd…
…But I’m thankful that I dance on a regular basis. It keeps me healthy year round, and will do the same for you. Nobody is 100% immune to illness, but there are steps you can take to ensure you enjoy as many healthy days as possible.
So, put on some dancin’ gear, get to class, and dance your heart out to ensure you don’t get sick… often.
– Shawn B