Shawn, what are these hip hop dance classes you speak of?

Hark, hark… Hear ye hear ye the Good news!

Remember last week I told you that hip hop classes would be open for registration this week?

Well, I kept my word and the my site is ready for you. Take a hop, skip and a jump over to my website and see what’s available for you.

This Saturday August 11th is the first hip hop workshop for jazz bunnies. And to save those of you who hate reading, watch this special video. =)

Spread the news and see you Saturday!

– SB

Advertisements
Posted in: 1

8 thoughts on “Shawn, what are these hip hop dance classes you speak of?

1. keren says:

i am no jazz bunny or bunhead but i am interested in checking you out in the flesh and potentially/hopefully becoming a regular–whats your policy on coming in person to check out a class and speaking with you before registering? Best, Keren

2. shawnbyfield says:

Hey Keren,

Great question. For anyone who wants to check a class out- you’re always welcome to come watch and see what’s going on.

Of course, watching doesn’t allow me or my team to assess what level YOU should be taking, because we can’t help you if we don’t see you dance! Remember, we’re here to help you, but you have to meet us half way.

Find the classes you’re interested on my site, and show up a few minutes early to chat. See you there.

– SB

3. Kim Promane says:

Hey Shawn;

This question is not really about the hip hop classess, although I eventually want to try it. My question is about the possibility of a elementary or intermediate level tap class. When do you think you will be having these classess. I checked out the beginner class with Rebecca on Friday nights and it was great, but I think I need something a little more challanging as I have danced all my life but took a break for marriage and kids. I now want to get back into it but need a little more challange than the beginner classes.

Looking forward to hearing from you…..

Cheers

Kim

4. Lisa says:

Hey Shawn,
    i was interested in taking some classes but wanted your honest opinion!
    i am 29 years old and used to dance at advance levels (its been 5 or so years since) just wandering if your classes would be apropriate for me? i noticed that a prerequisit was a studio dancer, that i am no more! Do you know of any professional classes out in the oakville to hamilton area?
    I am interested in take the Aug 25th tap class. not sure how to register!
    thanks,
    Lisa

5. shawnbyfield says:

Hey everyone, thanks for the q’s. For classes that aren’t in Toronto or aren’t related to mine, you’ll have to do a quick Google to find what you’re looking for.

TAP: I’ll be having elementary to advanced tap classes in the fall. If you’re interested, you’ll have to be stay tuned to my newsletter and blog. Patience.

An intermediate/adv tap dance workshop will be held the afternoon of Saturday August 25th. Details about registration will come next week, so make sure to check this blog then. For now, book the date and spread the good news.

I’m glad we’re getting used to interacting with this blog!

But just a heads up, I’m only answering questions that ARE NOT already answered on my website. Either directly on the class page you’re looking for, or on my FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions) page. If you look carefully, you will find your answer.

TJ and I won’t spend energy typing repeat answers, or giving basic advice you can do on your own. We’re all adults here.

If you’re asking about a class that’s not listed on my site, that means there’s not enough demand for it. Will there be one in the future? Maybe, and maybe not. Depends on how serious you are on taking it. I only offer classes if there’s enough demand.

So if you want to dance, you need to be as serious and passionate as we are… and always spread the good news!

Cheers,

– SB

6. Dee says:

Hey Shawn, thanks for the excellent class on Saturday. It was the first workshop I have done in about 6 years since I have been so busy having my 3 boys and raising them. Parts of me I’m still feelin’ it today, despite doing pilates I’m not in hip hop shape!!!! I look forward to trying to make it to Toronto for future classes and hope to be in the tap on the 25th. All I can say is you are awesome and thank you very very much for making the class a “community” and not a bunch of “clique” groups, that is way the dance world should be and kudos to you for making such a HUGE effort to bring people together!!!!

I am trying very hard to round up some of my former students (since I no longer teach in Waterloo but in Goderich) to make it out for the tap and the performance of Thrive but I was unable to find ticket/show information on that and thought I was probably looking in the wrong spot???

I thought the class was great, even doing the movement slower and breaking it down did not make us sweat and feel it any less! Thank you for taking time and suggesting some “safe” music for me, I never know what to buy and you helped me a lot there. I like how you gave us individual feedback and made us feel comfortable enough to give our all each time and each exercise. Your passion and commitment fills the room and I love working with like minded people.

I would have loved to been able to do both a tap and a hip hop session on the same day since I’m coming in from out of town, it would be easier for me to go longer on one day then try to get babysittters for 2 days. I don’t drive so my hubby is my chauffer. I might be able to get more out of towners to go as well if they can go for multiple classes. Being a teacher myself I would love more classes because I too never stop learning and want to show my students that I make the effort to continue learning despite having the responsibilities of being a mom and a wife as well as a teacher. I personally prefer Saturday classes as I work nights and on Sundays. Thanks Shawn you are awesome, looking forward to the next class I can make it to! blessings dee

7. Christiane says:

Dear Shawn,

I’m sorry I missed the chance to be a funky jazz monkey at your last workshop. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for the next sugar plum session.
    Cheers!

-Christiane

Share Your Thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s